• Himayat is a training-cum-placement programme for unemployed youth in
Jammu and Kashmir.Youth will be provided short-term training for at least 3
months, in a range of skills for which there is good market demand. At the end
of the training, the youth are assured of a job and there is one year
post-placement tracking to see how they are faring.
• Himayat will be implemented in
partnership with private agencies or NGOs who are into placement linked
skill training for youth.
• The scheme aims to train 1,00,000 youth in 5 years and provide atleast
75% of them with jobs.
• Training centres will be developed in each
block(geographicalarea),catering to the specific needs of the local youth.
• Support will be available for trainees after training, and during
placement as well.